Why were so many of us hoping for Romney?
1. He looks like us and like all American presidents have up until 2008; his skin is white.
2. He’s a multimillionaire and carries the aura of success about him; give him power and we’ll be white, rich and successful too
3. Fears had been drilled into us; Obama stood for darkness, mongrelism, paganism, otherness, shiftlessness, socialism, communism, nazism, atheism, apocalypse, the chaotic nightmare of debt, laziness, dependency and flooded boundaries …
So how come Obama won?
1. He looks good; he smiles and cries.
2. He became a winner in life, even without advantages; give him power and we’ll work our way up out of trouble too
3. Confidence and trust surged unhidden; on November 7, 2012 we woke up from a nightmare. We are back on real, familiar ground and feel optimistic about starting a new day.
Thank you for spending your precious time reading this post. Please browse around top and bottom and, if you like, comment.