With hard work, being nice to people, modesty– and of course some luck and help from friends — the owner transformed what was left of a century-old coach house into an electrically-equipped workshop/garage. From Rundown Shed to Efficient Garage/Workshop (Kindness Eases Expenses)
- Window and installation: $500.
- New door (friend contractor got it on a job site) $100
- New roof, old roof removed, new tiles, taking refuse to dump: $4,500
- New electrical feed to garage for safety (there were no lights in the lane) and to provide for an automatic garage door: $3500.00
- New garage door on the lane with mechanism and touch remote: $2000 (from friend contractor) Hardware store price quote was $6000.00
- Apply elbow grease. “I pulled out all the weeds when they were four to five feet tall. It took ten days to clear the yard with a shovel and large knives to dig out roots.”
- Hoe the lawn flat.
- Plant a LOT of grass seed.” Thanks go to Grandpa and my parents for teaching me how to plant and hoe.”
- Buy plants on sale. “I lugged them home on foot, on the TTC and in taxis because I don’t have a car.”
Happy Reading & Restoring from Cozybookbasics!